Answers/

General Running

Where do you keep your iphone?

asked almost 2 years ago | Report

I don't listen to music when I run. No iPod, no iPhone. However, I'd like to use my new iPhone for run tracking using an app (GPS, route, stats). For those that run with their iPhone, how do you carry it? Arm band? Fuel Belt?

Thanks!

19 answers

scroll to bottom
  • While running I have a zip pocket in my jacket, I keep it in there with the headphone cord coming out of the top. During the summer I carry it in a belt around my waist (google spibelt). I find that the arm bands are uncomfortable and they rub.

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use a spiebelt around my waist. I never feel it. Use my I-phone for music and my I smooth run. Also my husband loves that I have a phone when I run alone. My arms are really small so I have never found an armbelt that I could get tight enough.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use an armband. It would be perfect if I had wireless headphones... at the moment the wire tends to get in the way when I add speedplay.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I keep mine at home and use my Garmin 310xt when I run and in a pocket in my jersey when I ride

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know this sounds lame but I carry it in my hand. I find it adds a little weight to swing my arm forward. I put it in a small sandwich bag / zip lock if there's going to be a chance of rain or moisture. I did try one of those arm bands but it got annoying trying to pause the app when stopping for traffic on busy roads and things and the auto-pause is never accurate enough.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I almost always wear a running top that has pockets on the back and stash it there. I've been thinking about a SPI belt, though.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I also just hold it in my hand. I bought an arm band and used it for a while but it's not that comfortable. I may have to check out that spibelt thing.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don't carry my iphone with me too often, but there are times (longer runs, races) that I want to carry it with me, so I keep it in a Spibelt. I love that thing!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I just got a spibelt and at first i thought it would look sorta dorky lol but it holds my phone and keys and i forgot its on after like 2 minutes. Id recommend one!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Spibelt is the Thing everyone will enjoy it and you dont feel it at all

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Would you believe in a zip lock bag in the pocket of my shorts? Yep. The ziplock is because I sweat like crazy!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I keep mine in my fuel belt. It barely fits, though, and as I get into better shape, I don't need a water bottle for the distances I usually run, so I need to find a new solution!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I keep in my my bra if I don't have something with pockets and it stays put. When I cycle, I can listen to my tunes without using earbuds

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I also have a little waist pouch/mini fanny pack for my phone, keys and inhaler. I put my phone in a zip-lock too! Works great.

answered almost 2 years ago |edited almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • SpiBelt and Runmeter . Like chocolate and peanut butter!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I always buy tights/leggings/trackies with zip pockets, so it's usually in there (I also use an iPhone app to track distance, pace, time etc.), but when it's hot and I run in shorts I just have it in my hand. Never thought of protecting it with a ziplock bag - going to try that one!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Arm band - a Nathan. Its got a touch sensitive window that allows me to view and use it on the run. The band adjusts for fit on my forearm and up on my biceps.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I bought this hand held holder , at the expo for the Shamrock Shuffle.....it is the best invention ever. It velcros around your hand so you don't have to 'carry' it....you can swing your arms all you want and it's not going anywhere!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Right now, because I'm doing shorter runs (just returning to focused training after an injury) I just carry it in my hand if I'm running on a treadmill. I don't run with music outdoors as I'm usually running next to busy roads and need to hear traffic.

I tried to use those armbands but
    1. I lost mine and
    2. It was too big for my tiny arm anyway.

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running