Answers/

General Running

Earbuds/Headphones that stay in place for running?

asked about 5 years ago | Report

I am frustrated with my current earbuds, which are Sonys. They have a wraparound cord and the rubber sizer thingies. I like the wraparound cord but the rubber adapters that fit my ears don't work how I want them to. They are constantly slipping out of my ears. Between the wind, sweat, and bouncing I am adjusting every few minutes. It's tough to get in a groove when I'm constantly fidgeting!

So do you have any suggestions for something that might work for me? I want to spend about $30-$40.

78 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I got ear buds with ear bud "clips" they wrap around your ear and hold the buds in place. I LOVE them..

http://the-gadgeteer.com/asset_cache/a/al/alteclansing-uhs307-8.jpg

This is the general idea...

answered about 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Earbuds and running don't work for me. I get the ugly ones that slip over the ear and it holds the speaker in the ear. Not quite as stylish but twice as functional. Something like this ....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9265261&type=product&id=1218071609923

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Just saw what Karen posted. I have the same kind of thing. Karen knows ;)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i go to dollar general and get the headphones that wrap around the back of my head there like 5 bucks good sound and the dont slip or chafe I HATE EAR BUDS

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've got a pair of skullcandy earbuds that I looove. I've had them for months and I never notice them while I'm running.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • answered about 5 years ago |edited about 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Yes, I also use the kind with the rubber ear clip. Earbuds never worked for me at all.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like the bud like clips, also use the Nike Sports that come up behind your head. I had the same problems with ear buds. Another reason I run with a bandana is it holds my headphones in. :-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I am faithful to the deep in-ear earbuds. I bought the Philips Model: SHE9500 with the multi-size ear bud replacements - but after about 6 months of not caring for the cord, the sound dies. But this style, in general, is pretty awesome. You can get them most places - Best Buy, Target, etc. The best feature, and what makes it worth it to me: They have an additional piece of cord, so you can adjust the length of cord to extra long or short. Depending on the clothes I wear, I'll use the long cord when I tuck it in a butt-pocket, or the short cord when I tuck it in a chest/torso pocket. I hate tucking extra cord that flops around into straps and under shirts, so this is great. Currently, I wear a similar style pair from Dell, no extra length of cord though. The deep fitted in-ear style works across the board for me though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8005008&type=product&id=1155848368219

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have gone round and round with several different types. For ear buds, I found these to be the best for the $$. The MSRP is about $55, but I believe I found them for around $35 or so. They don't fall out like just about every other pair I've seen. They have a little 'arm' that supports the bud in the folds of the ear, without actually wrapping over the ear. Maybe a picture will help:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500635

If you don't mind headphones (where the two sides are connected with a head band) I found some very inexpensive RCA headphones that fold nicely. Tried googling the model number, but can't find it. They are sort of a cross between an ear bud (that inserts in the ear) and a headphone; though these don't cover the ear.

answered about 5 years ago |edited about 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've been using the H20Audio H3 waterproof headphones. They are earbuds, but they can be clipped into a headband that comes with the package, too. I don't swim in them, but these are sweatptoof. The sound is a bit tinny, but they stay in my ears.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Mine are from years ago, and are still going strong. They are Sonys as well, but hopefully aren't the same kind you've been having trouble with! They don't carry the exact kind I have anymore, but the most similar ones are like this:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665376469

I find that the three different earbud sizes help with the fit issues. You might need two different size earbuds for different situations - say, small for wearing around town, at work/school, etc., and medium for staying in your ear during exercise.

Hope this helps!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have the same problem...I spend half my run jacking around with my earbuds because they're slipping out, or feel like they're about to. I got tired of wearing the 1980s style over the head headphones and finally found the perfect solution for me..Nike Vapor headphones...I've worn them for over 2 years now in all weather and they don't move.
    Plus they come w/an adjustable length cord and are sweatproof.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nike-HJ030-Vapor-Sport-headphones/dp/B0009WQFVC
    The Apple store sells them too...Target may also carry them.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Has anyone tried these Arriva earbuds that attach the Ipod shuffle directly (i.e., no wires)?

http://www.amazon.com/Arriva-cordless-Shuffle-headphones-earbud/dp/B0013BC7XS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239538741&sr=8-1

They get great reviews, but I'm trying to figure out how comfortable they are while running.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm with Sarah R. my skullCandy ones are fantastic. I can totally focus in my own little world. I have had a tough time trying to fund buds that won't fall out. These are amazing.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have been running with a pair of Sennheiser Sports earphones for about a year now. I got them through Amazon for about 30 dollars. They have excellent sound, they are very durable, and they are water resistant. I am really amazed that they have lasted a year. I was going through earphones about every few months.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use Philips SHS3200/37 Flexible Earhook with Bud. It kind of looks like wings are attached. They were under $20.00. I was just looking for something that would stay in place when I ran. The quality is ok. The functionality is great. Hope this helps.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love the skull candy ear phones. They come with 3 different size "adapters" so they fit into your ears really well. I hate ear buds because they are too big and hurt my ears.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm not much of a runner, more like a walker so i'm not sure this will help. I just got a pair from Big Lots they are Sentry and they have a soft flexible rubber piece that is attached to the phones. They cost under $5. They have a 4ft cord. That was what I needed. Not sure if that was what you were looking for.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've been using these for a year or so: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11034801. They sound great and stay out of the way. I tried ear buds before this and, like you, I couldn't get them to stay in after awhile.

I'm hoping to get these (www.jaybirdgear.com) for my birthday but they're about $100 over your budget. I'll have to report back in if I get them. :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Alan J. - I use the Jaybirds and although they're expensive, they've worked out great for me. I have a review of my experience with them posted on my blog here:

http://oblinkin.blogspot.com/2009/03/product-review-jaybird-wireless.html

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Skullcandy or any buds that go deep in the ear with different sized nubs or whatever they are. The ones I bought are normally $60 but Circuit City was going out of business so they were $15. Great sound, black, work with my iphone (I hate white ones that shout, "HEY, I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE APPLE PRODUCT!" :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I can't wear earbuds because they hurt my ears so I use canalphones. The ones I use are http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx (not in the price range you are seeking but it gives you an idea). They fit in your ear canal and give you the best sound isolation and they don't fall out and are very comfortable. These are the type of things that you buy and keep for several years - I have had mine for 4 years already.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Peter, I got some for my birthday and so far have been impressed. They don't sync natively with my iPhone (yet) but with the adapter I can still stream Pandora over my 3G or listen to the iPod feature. When I first used it, there were a few dropouts but they haven't come back yet. I'll have to read your review to see if we're having the same experience.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Alan - can you run with an Iphone or new generation Ipod touch? I use an older Nano, but am looking for something with higher capacity (a new Nano or the Ipod touch) since I often do audiobooks/podcasts while I run. Running with the older Ipods was a no-no because of the type of hard drive they employed (mine skipped a lot). So the Iphone doesn't have bluetooth sync natively?

If it weren't for the $100+ price, I'd recommend that everyone give the Jaybirds a try. The way technology is going, I'm guessing that we'll see dropping prices and improved sound quality on wireless headphones in the relatively near future.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have the V Moda Bass Freq's. They sound amazing and they're about 30 bucks.

answered almost 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • If you're willing to spend a little more (like $80 to $100), you can get custom molds made that your earbuds will slip into. My husband and I both use them, and they are amazing. They're custom, so they're pretty much locked into your ear canal and very comfortable! See an audiologist to get a pair. You can even personalize them with colors, swirls, or glitter.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Skull Candy. They are about $20, can be found at Target, Best Buy, Staples, etc, and have three different sizes that come with each pair! They do have the same rubber thingys as the Sonys, but I have found they are designed much much better. I run with mine all the time and love them!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Peter: I didn't see your response until just now. They work great with the iPhone although I have to use the iPod adapter for now. The Touch should work as well.

The iPhone doesn't support stereo bluetooth just yet. The 3.0 software release in June should fix that. I've had no real issues with the adapter but I haven't received any calls while running to truly test it out. It was always more about the wireless headphones than making phone calls.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • there are a pair of jvc ear buds that work great. i have the same problem with them slipping out because i sweat a lot. these are great http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3100876&CAWELAID=164746700 they are good because they block out noise because they are like the foam earplugs you put in. really good sounds i have not had a problem with them at all.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Sennheiser PMX70 Sport Line Stereo Neckband Headphones
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX70-Stereo-Neckband-Headphones/dp/B000FJD5IA

I say - set them and forget them. They stay in place and sound great.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • wow there is so much info on here! i have a similar problem to Anne, i get things slipping and sliding too.. i will have to do my research- i think i have a big head and odd shaped ears! :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I had this problem too! I use the Nike Vapor now and don't have anymore problems. Before I got those I used to put the cord under my shirt and sports bra. Helped to keep them still.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The Koss PortaPro are both reasonably good and stay in place.

I've used mine while running and cycling for the past three years and wouldn't think of replacing them with anything else.

Well within your budget as well.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Ear buds just dont work for running. I have some sony sport I got from Wal-mart. The have that plastic piece that wraps around the back of my neck and the speakers that cover my whole ear. I love em.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use skull candy and love them. They sound great too!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • answered almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Like Heather, I swear by the Nike Vapors. They cost about 25 bucks, sound great and stay in place. I barely notice them. Nike makes a range of styles for athletes so you can choose what style suits you. Mine have an adjustable arm that tucks over and behind the ear....no more fidgeting with ear buds!

answered almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love my headphones! Dont even notice them when I run, and they cant fall out as they are the behing the back of the head type.

They are the Sennheiser PMX 70 and they are awesome! I have had them for a long time now and when/if they ever die on me I will be sure to go for another pair of the same!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I also prefer the Sennheiser PMX80, they're the kind that wrap around the back of the neck. I've tried the Nike ones, but they're not as snug as the Sennheiser. Not everyone is keen with the color. I had the lime green ones for a couple of years and now I have the orange and gray ones. Another bad thing about them is I've replaced the earbud caps, but not that often. They're also durable, and survive being stowed away and shoved in my gym bag. I have no prob listening to tunes while running now.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Sennheiser Sport II MX85 (orange) Stereo Earphones for me. MX70 (lime green) are great too.

They have a set of inserts (three sizes) that help customize fit to "lock" the bud under ear ridges. Absolutely no slipping

Rinsable for easy sweat cleaning. (I always take off my covers anyway to air dry them after exercising.)

Two-year warranty, and Sennheiser did a great job swapping out my first pair in month 22 after one speaker connection died.

Right at the low end of your budget right now at buy.com: http://www.buy.com/prod/sennheiser-sport-ii-mx85-stereo-earphone-connectivity-wired-stereo/q/loc/101/listingid/82859081/210254888.html?adid=17653

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Alot of Nike tops have loops at the back of the neck to hold the earbud ropes in place, I find that helps alot

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I was using the Sennheiser athletic earbuds for awhile but they would still pop out occasionally. I ended up with the Sony S2 over the ear headphones and loved them, went to pick up another pair and got the model that is maybe replacing them because the S2 was on clearance.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666089151#features

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Ross has some Panasonic that wrap around your ears for about $6.99.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My 3 year old earbuds finally died from overuse so I went out and bought a pair of silicone phlanged earbuds. They were $40 and were designed with a "tragus" lock/fitting. That's a fancy way of saying the earbud design is such that it bends in a way that fits snugly (yet comfortably) against the tragus of your ear. I've been running with them and haven't had any problems with slippage or falling out, and they're very comfy.

answered over 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Ive tried a lot and my hands-down favorite are JVC Marshmallows! They are only $20 most places (so not too many tears if you kill them), they sound great and they stay in place MUCH better than any others I have run with; so much that I use them on my motorcycle at highway speeds too...that tells you how well they stay in! I love my Klipsch S2 buds but they break the seal in the ear with every step, unless you keep pushing em back in. I tried some Koss ones, with a volume slider on them and they stayed in a little better but felt weird and they have that short wire on the left that connects over to the right, which moves in an irritating way (Something to look online for before you buy ANY pair). JVC Marshmallows...trust me...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I just ordered a set of Yurbuds to put over the stock iPhone earbuds. $20 and are guranteed not to come out. The videos convinced me to pull the trigger.

http://www.yurbuds.com/

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • We are looking for new DM friends as we've just joined! We are running 2000 miles from Boston to austin in 75 days for charity and we'd love to have people run with us along the way. website is www.2000milerun.com and www.facebook.com/2000milerun
    Today's run will be from Hamburg, PA to Jonestown, PA. Anyone fancy joining us - we will leave around 10am/11am USA Time (PA). Call our support driver on 5122943325 if you want to join us for a few - to be honest we'd welcome the support big time

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • yurbuds! www.yurbuds.com i believe

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I am SOOOO glad to see this thread! I was actually coming over to ask the same thing since I've noticed iPod earbuds & sweat are really bugging me these days. They've been fine for the year I've been using them....since my buds with the clips were stolen (with iPod....but that's another story), but now that I've furthered distances and sweat output, they bug the daylights out of me.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Off to do some happy shopping :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The real issue that occurs when you run is that you get sweat that builds up between your skin and the plastic of your earbud which causes slipping. What you need is something that is going to take that sweat away from your ear. I recommend a pair of inexpensive <a href=http://www.brepps.com&gt;earbud covers</a>. Don't get the crappy foam type, but the ones that cover the entire earbud like Breppies. The material is made of the same material that athletes wear to draw sweat away from the skin, and the Grippeez do a great job holding the earbud secure. They are also SUPER comfortable and keep moisture, dirt and grime out of your speaker housing (which can cause your speakers to either clip or go out altogether) and will extend the life of your earbuds. Quality product, especially for the price.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Kat
    Kat Sendmail

I got these about 3 weeks ago, they are perfect for me. I have weird tiny ears and a tiny head so finding stuff to fit on me is hard, add to that staying on during a workout, that's impossible. But, so far these are working out great!
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHQ4000-28-Neckband-Headphones/dp/B004477D0K/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&amp;coliid=I3C51CSR683PCM&amp;colid=2DHEW612EQF2I

answered almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use Sony Ultralights (model W-08, I believe). They run around $10 and I get them at Target. They look kinda like iPod earbuds turned on their side & fit me better than any others including in-ear earbuds, and stay put very well.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I am with all those who said Skull Candy. They have versions from cheap to expensive and come w/ 3 different size buds to insure a proper fit. Rarely have issues with them when running.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i also am a skull candy user, and yes they come with the 3 sizes ....BUT im surprised nobody has mentioned the memory foam inserts ??? i have the skull candy FMJ, and they came with 2 sets of memory foam inserts, which form to your ear (like foam earplugs) they fit perfect, and also make the sound better. but they do get ruined much faster then the rubber inserts, from dirt, sweat, oil all that fun stuff, but luckily you can buy extras for pretty cheap (amazon)

thats what i use and ive never had an issue with them, with running, biking working out, ect.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use cheap earbuds ($10 or less) Sony or Skullcandy I get at a discount store. I clip the cable to my hat so they get much less vibration and stay firm.

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • love love love these....http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX-680-Headphone-Neckband/dp/B0034L3G8U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1312839317&amp;sr=8-2

I found them for about $40, so I bet you can google and find a steal on them. They stay in place, feel secure and don't pinch at all....my husband (with his big head) loves them as well!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have tried lots of different types, ear bugs, the ones with the "ear hangers" . but the only type that worked for me are the ones that wrap around my head because they have enough pressure to keep them in my ears with why needing to fiddle with them during my run. I have these, but I imagine that this type in general would work for you:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051GN8GQ/ref=oh_o03_s00_i02_details

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The best headphones i have ever bought are Skull Candy earbuds. I wore them for both of my Marathons and both of my 1/2 marathons i have run in and they are extremely comfortable and they never fell out :) They cost about 20-30 but they are so worth it! They only ones i will ever have (ipod ones really hurt after a while and they fall out)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Yurbuds. I have tried every kind of earbud there is for runners. Yurbuds are the only ones that stay in my ears and are comfortable for hours. I've run two marathons in them and do 40-50 mile weeks with them for nearly every run. www.yurbuds.com also available at amazon.com.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Yurbuds. Hands down the best headphones I've EVER used. Paid about $49 but worth every penny.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've tried skull candy with 5 different sizes of earbud cover and they wouldn't stay.

The only thing that works for me are the stock Apple ear buds, like these:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB770G/B?fnode=MTY1NDA1MA

with some cheap foam covers on them, like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Earbud-Earpad-Replacement-Sponge-Headsets/dp/B004WNZWPO/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1324214388&amp;sr=1-13

I do have to cover the inline mic and remote with some tape on rainy days. But other than that they've been great.

I am hoping Santa brings me a pair of H20audio contact headphones. We'll see

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I also use the stock apple earbuds, haven't fallen out on me yet :p

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Good thread and nice information.

P.S. Anybody want to lose weight check this out.
    http://www.RapidWeightLossGo.com

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I LOVE yurbuds. They don't even slide out when your ears sweat. They're a little pricey ($40, I think) but COMPLETELY worth it. :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love my Yurbuds. Best earphones I have ever used, hands down. Paid about $50, but worth it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • As some others answered, Yurbuds!!! I tried so many different styles that just didn't work. I have very very small ears...and so the wrap around kind wouldn't even work for me. Even the smallest adapter was just too big. With the Yurbuds, you can just slip them on over practically any earbud, and once you have them in, you can literally TUG on them, and they will not come out. Really nice!

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hi Annie, I'll agree with Kevin, Brian, and several others on the Sennheiser. I went through several styles (including the Bluetooth Motorola cordless) before getting these. They have a version which has a cord that can be shortened to about 18".
    I can't stand the cord flopping around on my shoulder, so I love this feature.
    The neckband style works best for me, they do not fall out; plus, they are very lightweight.
    Heard really good things about the YurBuds as well, but have not tried them.
    Sennheiser link: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX-680-Sports-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B0034L3G8U/ref=de_a_smtd

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • JVC makes great earbuds that are over the ear with soft rubber in-pieces, and have great bass too! Unfortunately, if you get them too wet from perspiration inside they eventually short out. They last me about 3 months from running many miles, give or take, but they only run from about $10-$20...
    http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAEBX85Z-Inner-Sports-Headphone/dp/B003JZ2JZ2/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1329345926&amp;sr=8-12

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hey Annie! I love my SkullCandy earbuds. They stay in no matter what and are only $19.99. Sound quality is really good as well. You can pick them up at pretty much any store (WalMart, Target, etc.)

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/ink-d-purple-black

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Halo Rhythm short headphones

http://store.haloheadband.com/HALO-RHYTHM-s/45.htm

I use these goth with and without the headband with the ipod shuffle and sansa clip players, either clipped on the back of my hat/visor or on the headband. The cord is short and just goes from the back of your head to your ears so there is no dangly cord to mess with. Earphones by themselves are just $20. Used for well over a year and love them still.

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use these. Don;t like the ear buds either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ED-21-LP-Headphones/dp/B000094Q77

They just stay in and are comfy. the older model is the better one.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm glad I found this thread, I have the same problem as Annie and have been pondering getting some Sennheiser headphones. After seeing all the good reviews on here, I think I'm ready to purchase. Can you buy them in any stores or are they easier and cheaper to find online?

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've tried various earbuds and they just don't work for me. I've used these Sennheiser headphones for over a year and they work great. The cord is very durable, and the sound is super:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX-680-Sports-Headphones/dp/B0034L3G8U/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I use a nekfit to store the cord on my neck, so don't have to deal with dangling wires:
    http://nekfit.com/

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use the Jaybird Freedom blue tooth headset. They are wireless and have three different sizes of ear buds and some honeycomb type ear secure pieces in three different sizes as well. Sound is awesome and with the right combo of ear buds and honeycombs I can shake my head like a dog while I am all hot and sweaty and they will NOT move. They are a little more spendy than what you are looking for (they are $99.00), but to me not having any cords and not having to fidget with them every couple of strides is worth it. They are also guaranteed for life against sweat damage. I wear them in the rain while running and have not had a single issue.

answered almost 2 years ago |edited almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have tried everything nothing could hold up to sweat either in the gym or on the trails. I was going through 2-3 (cheap) pairs a year. Finally tried Yurbuds. They are the best. Stay in the ear, can't even feel them. Sound good enough for a long run. I ran 24 miles on Friday and they were just great. I normally run ~40-50 miles per week in them. I have the kind you slip over your regular headphones. I use the apple headphones that came with my iphone. The only problem is they can slip off after you remove them from your ears. So be careful with them. Keep them in the bag they cam with.

answered over 1 year ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use Motorola S10HD Bluetooth Headphones (I HATE wires when I'm running/biking!)...they're sweatproof and seem to hold up great! They last around 7 hours on a single charge, so no complaints from me for the past 3-4 months!

answered over 1 year ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm sure I have the answer to your problem. I've tried earbuds. They slip out. I"ve tried the ones with clips behind the ear. They slip out and require constant fiddling.

And then last year I finally found the solution. They're called Yurbuds. They have an unique shaped bud that "locks" in your ear. The rubber earpiece is sticky. And the cord is shock resistant. I put them on, locked them in my ears, and yanked on the cord. The buds didn't move. I've put over 500K on them since in all sorts of conditions and they never pop out. You can find less expensive buds, but you will never find anything better.

When it comes to ear buds for athletics, these little guys are peerless.

answered about 1 year ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running