Forums/

General Health

User_avatar Deleted User

Sleep disorder

posted over 2 years ago | Report

(once again, sorry for my english, it`s not my native language)

Is here someone with sleeping disorder? I have disorder more than ten years (I have treatments, but sometimes things just doesn` work). How do you running if you sleep less than 3 or two hour, or if you don`t sleep night...or two or three? I taught how to live without sleep, but now I must learn how to run without sleep :)

• Good question! I'm not sure. I may have something going on, but not your situation. Are you not able to sleep? I hope that you figure something out.

posted over 2 years ago

• I used to not sleeping, but I can`t used to not running. :D

posted over 2 years ago

• Have you seen your doctor about this? This is something you should seek medical advice on. Good luck to you! This must suck!

posted over 2 years ago

• I seek a doctor too many times...

posted over 2 years ago

• That is frustrating to seek a doctor a lot. I would also think that the running would help your not being able to sleep. Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

• L
    L Sendmail

There could be a lot of reasons for you not sleeping properly. I am NOT a doctor, this advice is just from my personal experiences.

I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping. Then I changed the foods I was eating, and started eating more. My sleep has improved a lot since then. I don't need sleeping pills anymore, and I am able to sleep eight hours a night most nights. I don't know the kinds of food you're eating, or how much, but it could be the source of your problems. It hasn't fixed all of my problems, but it has helped a lot

What are you doing right before bed? If you are watching tv in your bedrooom, or on your computer in bed, it can really affect your sleep. Unless your living space is only your bedroom (like at schools or sharing an appartment with someone who isn't a friend) you want to try and spend the least amount of time there. Some people can spend hours in their bedroom and never have trouble sleeping. Other people need to limit their time spent in the bedroom in order to have a good night's sleep.

When are you exercising? Most people can't run at night because it wakes them up, and then they have trouble sleeping. Even if you feel tired after a run, your body gets energy from exercising, so your body is not ready to sleep, even if you are.

How often are you exercising? If you exercise every day, and for a long time you might be exercising too much. Taking a day or two off from running is really important. Putting too much strain on your body can affect your sleeping patterns. Even if you aren't running as much, or as far as other people it could still be too much for your body and that can affect your sleep.

I hope this helps!

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• I definitely know what you are going through. I've tried every solution out there and nothing has helped. I do find that running or working out in the morning helps me cope, even if it doesn't help me sleep. Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago