Answers/

General Health

What do you eat for breakfast?

asked over 2 years ago | Report

Just looking to mix things up a bit. I usually go with egg whites and oatmeal w/fresh fruit.

18 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I'm a cereal eater - I have Kashi Go Lean with a little Kashi Berry Crisp on top with 1 banana and either skim milk or almond milk.

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Agree with you. Mine is usually fruits: apple, banana, cantaloupe, grapes, kiwi, oranges, or nuts. I also have 2-4 oz of an organic acia puree and 8 oz of OJ. Sometimes I will mix it up with oatmeal or cream of wheat, and/or eggs.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have an egg sandwich every morning. 2 slices WW toast, 2 eggs scrambled in microwave, a slice of cheese, and if I am feeling crazy, some buffalo sauce.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • oatmeal with a banana, toast with peanut butter and a banana, or an egg sandwich (on sandwich thins). I'm not super original but they fill me up until lunch!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • when i eat breakfast it is bacon & eggs plus some veggies. but i usually skip breakfast and enjoy big lunch. no grains.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like steel cut oats, and a glass of milk. I occasionally do the egg sandwich too, scrambled in the microwave...so easy!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Pancakes (blueberry is one of the fav) omelette, Orange Juice/ Soy-Almond milk . with a veggie or fruit. Soon to add some turkey bacon

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like oatmeal with blueberries, honey, and cinnamon. I also have a boiled egg. Sometimes I'll have whole wheat pancakes.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • cereal for me too. The prep of that is just about all my brain can handle before my coffee. Post cranberry cereal or Kelloggs vanilla almond..whatever is on sale that week. Skim milk and coffee and I am ready to go :-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I vary between yogurt and a banana, and cereal and a banana. I will also take my vitamins with a protein shake. It makes them go down much easier.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I do most of my training before breakfast, So i like to dig into a good sized bowl of Musli, with lots of extra nuts added, a banana or fresh fruit cut up and put on top then smother the whole thing with low fat yoghurt, and skim milk. Pre-race i like to go with Oatmeal, banana, walnuts, honey, and cream.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Steel cut oats (way better tasting than rolled oats imho) with brown sugar, cinnamon and blueberries + a banana on pb toast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • 1 boiled egg and 1 6oz thing of non-fat yogurt

answered almost 2 years ago |edited almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I usually add fruit to cereal and top it off with light vanilla soy milk. That or I make some type of smoothie. I try to make whatever I eat come out to 350-500 calories, then have a mid-morning snack if needed (usually handful of mixed nuts) to carry me through to lunch.

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Oatmeal, everyday, sometimes plain, sometimes with peanut butter and sometimes with honey, just to keep it fresh

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • oatmeal with a banana and chia seeds and blueberries or rasberries typically. if i am running late a clif bar or ocassionally mcdonalds breakfast(so bad for you but so tasty)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Porridge (oatmeal) with either chopped dates and a couple of crushed Brazil nuts, slivered almonds and diced dried apricots, a grated apple and a small handful of sultanas or with a sprinkling of brown sugar and cinnamon

Wholemeal/wholewheat/grain toast with nut butter (add a mashed banana if I've been for a run)

Crumpets with agave nectar

Pancakes with lemon and sugar

Spiced quinoa porridge

Chia pudding

Homemade muesli with soy or almond milk

Served with toast: mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, baked beans or char grilled capsicum

Tofu scramble with wilted spinach

and all of the above always after a fresh made green juice.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Morning run-an apple or granola bar and possibly some GU gel if I'm feeling really sluggish, then maybe an egg and some fruit after, if I'm hungry.

Afternoon run-zuchinni, mushroom, and whole organic cage free eggs topped with some of the fresh salsa from my work and perhaps a tiny bit of colby-jack cheese and then half a grapefruit.

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Health & Fitness - General Health