Forums/

General Cycling

Recumbent riders unite!!

posted almost 4 years ago | Report

This is where anyone who rides a recumbent should say hello and introduce themselves so that we can expand our friend base with fellow enthusiasts. So who are you and what do you ride?

12 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi, I'll be here with you all in spirit until I can buy the trike I want. I haven't test ridden any yet, but I like the tadpole style. Hope to be on the bike trails next spring!

posted almost 4 years ago

• Teresa, I own a recumbent trike (Sun ez3) too! If I had known how much I'd love it I would've made the switch a lot earlier.

My trike has delta steering because I was too used to having my arms in front of me while riding. I just couldn't make that drastic switch!

How do you like tadpole steering?

• in reply to what Cullen C. said:Teresa, I own a recumbent trike (Sun ez3) too! If I had known how much I'd love it I would've made the switch a lot earlier. My trike has delta steering because I was too used to having my arms in front of me while riding. I just couldn... read more

Hi, Cullen, nice looking trike! I haven't actually had the chance to ride a recumbent trike yet, but I don't do well having to hold my arms up, I definitely want the handlebars at my hips/thighs (whatever that is called).

• Ken
    Ken Sendmail

Hi - I'm a part time recumbent rider (Rans Screamer and Barcroft Dakota). Friend request sent.

• in reply to what Cullen C. said:Teresa, I own a recumbent trike (Sun ez3) too! If I had known how much I'd love it I would've made the switch a lot earlier. My trike has delta steering because I was too used to having my arms in front of me while riding. I just couldn... read more

For the tadpoles, there are a few different types of steering:

Direct - Vertical hand grips attached to horizontal bars extending from the wheel mount assembly. Hands and forearms move side to side for steering. This type can be very unstable at high speeds.

Indirect Under-mount - A handlebar mounted on a swivel beneath the seat. Hands, forearms and elbows move forward and backwards to steer. There's much more stability with this type.

• Sorry i am so late to the party. 2011 Terratrike Tour. It has been great!

posted over 2 years ago

• Also late. TerraTrike path here. Good ride. Pretty much starting out after a nasty injury. Been out nearly everyday for at least a little. Hi all.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hello. It looks like this site was popular a yea ago. I ride a Sun EZ-3SX tadpole.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi I have a trice XLnt trike! I started smiling the day I bought it and haven't stopped!

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• You guys should join the Recumbent Trike Riders group. It looks like the original people are inactive, but we can get it going again.

posted over 2 years ago

• I've just been extremely busy with school.. Back now for the summer though.

posted over 2 years ago

• I've just been extremely busy with school.. Back now for the summer though.

posted over 2 years ago