Forums/

Fitness

P90X vs. Insanity

posted almost 7 years ago | Report

My hubby and I are going to get either P90X or Insanity. Anyone had any experience with either? Feedback?

• I use both. I think the main focus should be on your committment. These routines are intense and help people lose weight if you follow it up with a change in your dietary intake. I have more strength and endurance since using these workouts. I alternate what I use in my fitness routine to avoid boredom and these are great alternatives. Also Cathe Friedrick workouts are equally intense. Enjoy and have fun with your workouts.

posted almost 7 years ago

• in reply to what Latin Y. said:I use both. I think the main focus should be on your committment. These routines are intense and help people lose weight if you follow it up with a change in your dietary intake. I have more strength and endurance since using these workouts. I... read more

Thanks for your response. A question for you: have you completed the programs? I'm just wondering, once you are done with the 90 days do you just go back and do them again or what?

• We own both.... both are great if your truly dedicated. I do think Insanity earned its name... INSANE but still when you start don't push yourself at first thinking you should be like them or you will quit. It may take 3 months to get where they are or more but it is about just improving everyday right? Good Luck!

• Insanity is predominantly cardio, no weights, bands, weights or other props. It is a lot of calisthenics and real hard cardio. P90x is mostly props and better results on muscle gain, but both programs increase cardio but this is mainly Insanity's focus and P90X is more focussed on muscle gain.

I would go for in Insanity, it's fun gives good results on cardio side AND muscle gain.

posted almost 7 years ago | edited almost 7 years ago

• When I was interested in these programs I went to my local library and borrowed them to see what they were like.

(I didn't buy either because I realized I don't have the discipline to work out at home. I joined a CrossFit gym instead.)

• in reply to what said:Insanity is predominantly cardio, no weights, bands, weights or other props. It is a lot of calisthenics and real hard cardio. P90x is mostly props and better results on muscle gain, but both programs increase cardio but this is mainly Insanity&#x... read more

I'm glad I came across your post as I've been thinking of getting Insanity.

posted over 6 years ago