Forums/

Fitness

Book recommendation

posted about 7 years ago | Report

Every morning there's a book-related email in my inbox. Some on the forum may be interested in this one:

A Workout that Works Out

We, too, were “born round” (see yesterday), and Pete Cerqua’s “fitness solution” actually helps. With a few simple poses held for 90 seconds (e.g., Plank, Wall Sit, Airplane), muscles work in tandem with weight resistance provided by one’s own body. No changing clothes, no duffel bags, no sweat, just an amazing muscle workout. Don’t take our word for it, or the word of thousands of others whom Pete has helped and trained in his 25 years of loving his craft, observing fitness routines in gyms, and taking notes. Try his workout. We think, as Pete says, you’ll “get it,” and feel it working, right away.

THE 90-SECOND FITNESS SOLUTION: THE MOST TIME-EFFICIENT WORKOUT EVER FOR A HEALTHIER, STRONGER, YOUNGER YOU, by Pete Cerqua (Atria, 2009)

• Thanks! Have you tried it?

posted about 7 years ago

• Not yet. What I have done is add at least one run and one yoga session to my cycling, so I have some kind of workout 5 days/week. I'm convinced that frequency is more important than intensity - better to do 5 or 6 moderate workouts per week than 3 intense ones.

posted about 7 years ago | edited about 7 years ago