Forums/

Competitive Running

User_avatar Deleted User

First Ultra

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Training for my first ultra and I am looking for fellow runners for motivation, advice, etc. Can be a new runner or a veteran ultra marathoner. It's just nice to have people with a similar interest to chat with and challenge!

13 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I am training for the same goal. Slowly going to increase my mileage. May be running a half on 21 July just not sure if that is too soon.

posted over 2 years ago

• hey nichole!

i ran my first 50K last november, managed to injure my achilles shortly thereafter and am finally able to really start training again for another 50K this november..i could also use the motivation! FR sent :)

posted over 2 years ago

• You've already run more than that in training, John G, so you can do it! Trail or pavement?

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• What 50k are you looking at doing, Jonathan? I'm planning on the Destin 50 Beach Ultra. The sand might be the death of me!

posted over 2 years ago

• Just signed up for my first ultra 50K The Bottroper Forest Run on 11 Nov. Who says you have to run a marathon first? Ha, need to start increasing my mileage.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what John G. said:Just signed up for my first ultra 50K The Bottroper Forest Run on 11 Nov. Who says you have to run a marathon first? Ha, need to start increasing my mileage.

Good job, W! I'm so proud of you!

posted over 2 years ago

• I'll help motivate.

posted over 2 years ago

• Me too! Mines in october and am working on increasing mileage now also

posted over 2 years ago

• Follow a training plan designed for your event. I used to thumb my nose at training plans (boring and I don't have time to run every day), but after getting injured twice from accelerated training for a marathon and a 50K, I have learned respect for training plans. I think the duration of the plan is especially important, i.e. it takes more than 2 months to train for a 50K! Good luck Nichole. FR sent

p.s. Destin is gorgeous (as if you didn't know!). Make sure you run on the wet sand so it isn't too shifty or your ITBs will be toast!

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• training (if you'd even call it that) for my first 50k in october.. i was trying to follow a training plan but my life isn't being very accomodating with CONSISTENT running.. so all my focus is going to letting go of pace and adding to my weekly long runs (when i get those in). i'm not 'racing' in october, just experiencing.. maybe next year on the race business. good luck on yours!

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Gil R. said:Follow a training plan designed for your event. I used to thumb my nose at training plans (boring and I don't have time to run every day), but after getting injured twice from accelerated training for a marathon and a 50K, I have learned resp... read more

Ugh, yeah the sand is rough!

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Rachael said:training (if you'd even call it that) for my first 50k in october.. i was trying to follow a training plan but my life isn't being very accomodating with CONSISTENT running.. so all my focus is going to letting go of pace and adding to m... read more

Thanks! You too! I am the same, I never "race", I run.

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm only just training for my first full marathon, but I would love to see the kind of milage you are putting in for your first ultra. Exciting stuff

posted over 2 years ago