Answers/

Competitive Running

Ok so Im running a 5k in 2 days. I haven't trained at all. How can I prepare for it?

asked about 2 years ago | Report

My best time was 18:26. I Know I'm not going to anywhere near that.

Thanks guys. I just started out conservative than obie I felt loose I picked up the pace. 1st place. I live in a small town so not much competition. Hopefully I could do it again in 3 weeks.

3/5/12
Running another 5k haven't ran since the last one lets see how it goes.

6 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Go for a very easy short run the day before to shake out the rust and break a sweat. Then on race day start very consertaviely the first mile and take it from there.

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • you're clearly a capable runner. I'd take mike's advice. you may not hit the times you used to but should still rock it. after that mile, or even a little before if you're feeling loose and good, just dig deep and run. I know the typical advice for most is don't push yourself too hard, but I think that's best left to people who don't know what they can do. I say, be smart as far as not burning yourself out early, but if you feel like you're gonna puke afterwards and destroy your legs, screw it, they'll recover.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • not much just be sure to start out conservatively and finish strong

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree with Mike... take a short run the day before. If you're running a 5k, since that's not very long, so do a one mile the day before. Don't wear yourself out, though.

P.S. Great 5k time! Awesome job!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know this is after the fact, but you're not going to get trained in 2 days. You've run fast in the past - your best bet is to just go out for fun. And go fast - it's just 5k.

So, how did it go?

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'll second that....how did your 5K turn out?

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - Competitive Running