Forums/

Bugs and Support

Import Existing Log (CSV?)

posted over 4 years ago | Report

I have years of existing running logs at an existing site. These can easily be turned into csv files of a few key fields. Do you have the capability to import such data? If not, do you plan to? Thanks!

12 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I agree, I'd love to see this capability. I'd love to switch completely over to DM, but want to be able to bring my years of historical data with me!

posted over 4 years ago

• +1. As attractive, fun, and easy-to-use as DM is, the inability to import/export from standard formats (.gpx, .csv, .fitlog, etc.) is a big disincentive. Please devote some resources to at least one standard format.

posted over 4 years ago

• Folks that are interested in import should reply with the import format they would want and a link of some kind to the spec and/or example data. Another DailyMiler started up a project: http://code.google.com/p/dailymile-client/wiki/GettingStarted that could be used to handle imports and he and I have both been adding functionality to it as of late.

posted over 4 years ago

• in reply to what Travis T. said:Folks that are interested in import should reply with the import format they would want and a link of some kind to the spec and/or example data. Another DailyMiler started up a project: http://code.google.com/p/dailymile-client/wiki/GettingStarted... read more

Travis, just found your 5 months old post, do you have any news on the project you referred to? It would be great to use it.

posted almost 4 years ago

• Nothing beyond Nike+ import is supported and I haven't made any changes to the project since May. What type of data source are you looking to import from?

• in reply to what Travis T. said:Nothing beyond Nike+ import is supported and I haven't made any changes to the project since May. What type of data source are you looking to import from?

Actually, I need to "export" my data into excel, just found your post useful and was wondering if I could do it too.

• Biz
    Biz Sendmail

Gr8 job on the garmin import function. It doesn't sync all the data from garmin connect though, that would have to be done via CSV (manual export of the whole databese in garmin connect into csv).

posted over 3 years ago | edited over 3 years ago

• agreed! this is the only reason I haven't switched to DM.

posted over 3 years ago

• any update on the ability to import garmin data beyond one month??

posted about 3 years ago

• It would be great if we could have a simple .CSV import with these columns: Date, Distance, Duration, Note.

My data is from the facebook ap RunLogger

Any text import would be great I can change my data to work with a different format

posted over 2 years ago

• Adding to what Travis said over a year ago, I created the dailymile-client library he mentioned. Recently I helped another DMer import their data from RunningAHEAD and explained the process here: http://platerscode.blogspot.com/2012/02/migrating-from-runningahead-to.html

The tool used can definitely be updated to do other imports/exports if people find it helpful.

posted over 2 years ago

• I tried following the instructions to migrate from runningAHEAD but I got stuck in running the jar executable from the command prompt. My DOS skills aren't what they used to be.

posted over 1 year ago