Forums/

Bugs and Support

Please fix Event Search

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Is there any way DM can improve the event search function? Searches NEVER work, and I end up paging through 100s of pages of Multiple event entries trying to get to a specific date in the future to see if the event IS actually entered. I LOVE the idea, but in practice it just isn't very useful.
Thanks!

DW

12 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I agree! When I search for Sugarloaf Marathon, no events come up. Then I go to create the event and it says there are 8 Sugarloaf Marathon events already invented. Each having 1 or 2 people in them. But the only way to find those events is trying to create your own and DM says there already are some. They don't even show up in the upcoming events!

posted over 2 years ago

• x2

posted over 2 years ago

• This. Totally - I see the same behavior and it's frustrating. I can do a search where I copy & paste the exact text of an upcoming event, with the result being no events found. DM - please fix this. Thanks!!

posted over 2 years ago

• Jan
    Jan Sendmail

STILL not working. Its a great idea but so totally doesn't work that I'm not sure why its here. It would be great if this could be fixed.

posted over 2 years ago

• I agree. The poor event search results makes for a fragmented community. If you can't fix it just turn it off.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what said:I agree. The poor event search results makes for a fragmented community. If you can't fix it just turn it off.

We will be deprecating the events feature in the next version of dailymile. Sorry for the issues!

posted over 2 years ago

• It's still not working. I agree with what everyone else has said - the feature is valuable but as it is now it really makes a mess of things. I just went through this with the Amica Seattle Marathon and was forced to create a new one - then found there were a number of them already. But now they are fragmented.

I don't understand why DM would "be deprecating the events feature in the next version of dailymile. " since we are deprecating it right here on this discussion page.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deprecating

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Bill S. said:It's still not working. I agree with what everyone else has said - the feature is valuable but as it is now it really makes a mess of things. I just went through this with the Amica Seattle Marathon and was forced to create a new one - then... read more

Sorry, for the confusion, I was referring to the the computer definition, "To mark (a component of a software standard) as obsolete to warn against its use in the future so that it may be phased out." We will be removing the events component of dailymile to focus 100% of our effort on the training portion of the site.

posted over 2 years ago

• Jan
    Jan Sendmail

I'm sorry its being phased out rather than fixed but I can understand you can't do everything that would be nice to do.

I really liked seeing which DM friends were racing and finding DMers who were doing the same races I was to connect further.

At least if its gone we won't waste time trying to make the feature work anymore.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Kelly K. said:Sorry, for the confusion, I was referring to the the computer definition, "To mark (a component of a software standard) as obsolete to warn against its use in the future so that it may be phased out." We will be removing the events compo... read more

I am sad that you are getting rid of it completely. I agree with Jan that it is a great way to connect with other DMers who are doing similar races and also then see what kind of training they were doing to prepare for the races.

Sad to see it being removed.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Isaac M. said:I am sad that you are getting rid of it completely. I agree with Jan that it is a great way to connect with other DMers who are doing similar races and also then see what kind of training they were doing to prepare for the races. Sad to see it... read more

Unfortunately we can't do everything :( Hopefully we'll provide plenty of ways for people to connect through training.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Kelly K. said:Unfortunately we can't do everything :( Hopefully we'll provide plenty of ways for people to connect through training.

Understood. Would making a separate events forum be possible? So people could put events in there? And then people could search that specific forum for the race? Or maybe with the training improvements there will be other ways to see who is doing what races...

Thanks

posted about 2 years ago