Answers/

Beginner Triathlon

waterlogged ear- need help

asked about 2 years ago | Report

all of you swimmers out there, what do I do about water in my ear? I swam twice now this week and my breathing side is now totally plugged. Can't get it to drain. should I look into ear plugs? Any advice welcomed!

4 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Auro-dry available at most drug stores.

Ear plugs will not let your ears "breath" and the sweat from your work out will be as bad or worse than the water that gets in.

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'd also get them looked at. In the UK the nurses in GP's practises will syringe the ear with water to dislodge any build up of ear-wax. It may be something simple like that.

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I swear by Macks earplugs. I have to use them every time I swim and I don't ever have problems.

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • All the kids on my daughter's swim team use alcohol drops in each ear after practice. They sell them at the drugstore specifically to prevent swimmer's ear. The alcohol helps the water evaporate better. If you've actually started a case of swimmer's ear (where the water trapped in your ear causes an infection), you may need antibiotics. If it starts to hurt, get to the doctor to have it checked and get a prescription!

answered over 1 year ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Triathlon - Beginner Triathlon