Forums/

Beginner Running

New to Daily Mile and from Manchester, GB

posted over 1 year ago | Report

Hello :)

I am new to this site and wasn't sure whether random friends adding was the done thing around here!? None of my facebook friends are using this and I feel a bit sad with zero friends!

I have been running for a year and a half from a point of relative unfitness and I have run a few ten km races and tend to get out about 2-3 times a week. I want to do more and thought this place would help get me motivated :)

15 posts

scroll to bottom
  • This place is very motivating and everyone is very helpful. I like you started running last year. I did it to lose weight and have ben doing it since then. Turns out, I actually like running. Friend request sent.

posted over 1 year ago

• Thanks Scott!

posted over 1 year ago

• Hello, I also started last year around this time...I have run some 5ks, I was on a relay team to run Across Ga, and I did a 1/2 Marathon last year and registered to do the full this year. I have wondered the same thing about how to get friends and Forum seems to be the way....Good Luck in what you do and would like to be your friend if you want.

posted over 1 year ago

• I just started running in April and get out about two times a week, sometimes three. I usually do 5K but am starting to add a little bit more mileage as my next goal is to run a 10 K.

posted over 1 year ago

• Thanks, James - I seem to have gained a few friends quickly! Running across Georgia sounds awesome. I was going to do a half marathon in June but I ended up going to China instead! Hopefully I'll get one done before the end of the year. I have a little one turning up in a few months though so it may delay my plans!

posted over 1 year ago

• You're doing well quickly then, Donna! Have you entered a ten k race? I put my name down for one before I even started running so I was kind of forced to get fit enough for it!

posted over 1 year ago

• Not yet but I do have two 5K races coming up, along with several virtual races along the way. Kind of nervous to do a 10 K, as at my first race in June, I seen a young lady who was doing the 10K collapse right at the Finish Line of the 10K. She was down for about five minutes and lucky that paramedics were right there to assist her immediately. I was already done my 5K by that point but seeing that scared me.

posted over 1 year ago

• I have also been running for about the same time. I'm training for my first Marathon this October. FR sent.

posted over 1 year ago

• Know the feeling with no FB friend/runners. FR sent. You'll get all the motivation you can consume here.

posted over 1 year ago

• Thanks, Chris and Adrian :) No running for a couple of days for me as I am back to back 13 hour shifts...

posted over 1 year ago

• Hello David,
    Welcome to DM. It's a great place to be in, to seek and give motivation.

I did a 10K (B.A.A) about a month back, and enjoyed it. Hope you get to enjoy and expand your running activity :)

FR sent

- Ram

posted over 1 year ago

• Hey, David! My running partner moved to North Carolina (I am in Colorado) and I had been feeling so lonely about my marathon training this year for the Marine Corps Marathon. This site is fun and encouraging. I started running painfully at 30 years old just for my health. I am 61. I ran my first marathon at 54, with at least one per year since that time - you keep on going, man!!!!!! :)

posted over 1 year ago

• Pleased to meet you, Ram and Pamela :) I surprised myself by getting in from my morning run and putting my workout straight on DM! Pamela, you're an inspiration - hope I get a marathon done by the next few years!

posted over 1 year ago

• Hi! Not that many brits on here so we have to stick together! FR sent.

posted over 1 year ago

• Cheers, Stacey :) We are a bit thin on the ground here!

posted over 1 year ago