Forums/

Beginner Running

New to DM!

posted over 2 years ago | Report

I got motivated back in May to get in shape. So I joined the gym, quit smoking (53 days today), and started watching my calories. I got a little bored with the gym and wanted more of a challenge. A friend of mine, who is a fitness instructor, started a 5K training which I started on June 30th. I will run my first ever 5K on August 25th! Learning and training to run has been challenging, but I am enjoying every bit of.

10 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Welcome!

Good on you, for making the decision to be healthy! It's not easy, but there are endless rewards if you make it a priority!

I just ran my first 5K last year, intending to just do it and never run again - but it was so much fun that I've kept it up, and am signed up for a 10K this year. I'm sending you a friend request. :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to the DM community and good for you on all of your hard work! I bet you're excited to run your first 5K. I'm hoping to eventually be able to run one myself. :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Great work:) I began with a couch to 5K training plan in February and have so far run 3 5 K's this year..super fun..The race events are fun...and everyone is very friendly.

Good luck.
    FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome! I'm new to DM as well.

Congratulations on signing up for your first 5K! They can be so addicting :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Just started c25k this week. Boy, do I feel heavy! I got fitted for running shoes yesterday, and my crazy logic is that I'm not allowed to quit until I've "paid for them" at $2 a run. I am also probably one of the world's slowest joggers.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM and congrats on making the changes for the better in your life. I finished a Couch to 5k plan, and am now beginning Half Marathon training to get ready for the 2013 ING Miami. I plan on running both a 5k and a 10k during the 6 month training cycle. Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hello FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Great job on quitting smoking. It does get easier.
    Quit myself on March 1st and haven't looked back.
    Although I am cycling not running (yet), it has made all the difference for me.

Good luck to you and welcome.

posted about 2 years ago

• Congrats on your new goals, Adrienne!! All the DM-ers are here for ya. Request sent :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM and a big well done for quitting smoking ! I quit 9 years, 7 months ago and am not looking back :-) . Started running 6 months ago and enjoying it. Sending you a FR.

posted about 2 years ago