Forums/

Beginner Running

new to this thing called running but I'm gonna do it!

posted about 2 years ago | Report

I'm a 44 yr old mom trying to get into running. I'm really just jogging but I'll call it running since I'm running circles around my old self that was just lounging on the couch. Be my running friend....please!

41 posts

scroll to bottom
  • From one mom to another Wecome. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome Pamela!
    Jogging, Running... its all the same so no worries.

posted about 2 years ago

• I am also a 44 year old mom, and I still consider myself a newbie but am definitely hooked on running. Don't worry about how fast your moving, any speed is better than sitting on the couch. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Request sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• welcome to DM Pamela! FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• also a mom, also a newbie loving the running thing!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to the funny farm , FR sent :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Way to go, Pamela! It's never too late to make a change.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome! You have to start somewhere! :-) congrats on starting! FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• FR sent!

Of the little bit of running I can manage, I'm loving every bit of it!

posted about 2 years ago

• Haha! Nice closing line! Welcome to DM! FR Sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Jogging definitely counts as running!! FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• I am a 40 year old mom who has only been jogging/running for 10 months. Good for you!! FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome! Mom of two here and Am on the downhill slide to 40! Just started running less than a year ago. FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Jen
    Jen Sendmail

34 year old mom of 2, youngest is nearly a year old. Shuffle-jogging and brand new myself!

posted about 2 years ago

• I consider jogging a slow run...so you are a runner! :) I am a 33 year old mom whom would gladly be your running friend. I am new to dailymile and haven't quite got the hang of this yet, but I enjoy seeing other posts about running on here. It is a good site for keeping up with my mileage and getting motivation as well. Hope you have an active day!

posted about 2 years ago

• My favorite description of the difference between a jogger and a runner is that a runner has a bib number. If you've never done a race, I recommend signing up for 5k. It's lots of fun and since half the people will be walking it can be a great confidence booster.

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm 59 and I started running at 45 .... Ask anything, as I LOVE running. Would love to be your friend. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Great attitude! FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome! I am coming up on my runaversary this July, one year! Mom of two and I started running to stay sane. I think it is working. LOL
    http://runningwhilemommy.blogspot.com

posted about 2 years ago

• USTIN, Texas — Lance Armstrong filed a scathing response Friday to the latest doping allegations against him, accusing the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of violating its own rules and possibly breaking federal law during its investigation.

The agency said Armstrong used performance-enhancing drugs and other improper methods to win cycling's premiere event, the Tour de France, from 1999-2005. Friday was the deadline for Armstrong to respond to USADA's warning that charges were pending before his case moves to the next stage.

Armstrong, who denies doping and notes he has http://www.cheapairjordanusa.com never failed a drug test, could be stripped of his titles and banned from cycling, though he retired from the sport last year.

In their 11-page document, Armstrong's attorneys complained they still haven't been allowed to see the evidence against him, including witness names and any expert analysis to support USADA's claim that 2009 and 2010 blood tests are "fully consistent" with blood doping.

The letter said USADA

posted about 2 years ago

• Walking, running, jogging....I just love seeing someone get out there! (As someone who never took his health and fitness seriously until recently.) Welcome! FR sent. :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome Pamela! FR sent :)

posted about 2 years ago

• I am doing the c25k as well. It was hard at first since I just had a baby a couple months ago but now am finally in the swing of things. I hope you're still working at it.

posted about 2 years ago

• Thanks everyone for all your friend request....I love seeing what everyone else is doing...I find its a real motivator! I also hate seeing those blank days when I don't do anything...that's also a big motivator....it keeps me a it! I started C25K last week. I skipped to week 4 which I thought closely matched where I was running wise. I do have a new goal....to run in our little towns festival 5 k race. Thanks guys ...you all are great! I love to see I have comments after I enter a workout...it makes it real

posted about 2 years ago

• Having a goal like a local 5K is a great place to start. And it doesn't matter if you run the whole way, do a walk/run or walk it. They are all steps in the right direction. "Now" is always the right to get fit and healthy.

Good luck and I'll sent a FR.

posted about 2 years ago

• Glad to see another Kentucky DMer! I have a poster that reads "Whether if it's a 7 minute mile or a 17 minute mile, it's still a mile!" I share that with folks just starting out. yes you will see people on here who are logging 50 or 60 miles per week (or more), but there are lots of people who are right where you are (or were not too long ago). just stay with it and you will do fine! Friend request sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Good luck! I am just starting too. FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• All the best Pamela - we have all been there. Friend of mine have started this year and even coaxed me to start a blog to help them get into running. Check out www.you2canrun.com for some advice as we all use running to stay healthy!

posted about 2 years ago

• You know it has been told that you become a better runner in your 40s! You are catching the bug, good for you!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what David J. said:All the best Pamela - we have all been there. Friend of mine have started this year and even coaxed me to start a blog to help them get into running. Check out www.you2canrun.com for some advice as we all use running to stay healthy!

great blog...will definitely be reading!

posted about 2 years ago

• Pamela hello FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm with you!! I just got started a couple weeks ago myself. I'm also 44 yrs old!! We can do this :)

posted about 2 years ago

• I've been running for over a year, but i just signed up on DM. Welcome, and enjoy!

posted about 2 years ago

• gosh i started running when i was ~60! still not a real "fan" of running, but it is a great, compact and due to the people a fun way to attempt to stay in some type of "shape". good luck. FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• gosh i started running when i was ~60! still not a real "fan" of running, but it is a great, compact and due to the people a fun way to attempt to stay in some type of "shape". good luck. FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to dailymile! I'm sending you a FR too! :D

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm new, too :-) Nice ta meet'cha.

posted about 2 years ago

• FR sent! It's great that you are giving running a go! It's so amazing and if you stick with it, you will probably fall in love with it like most other people. I considered jogging to be relative to how fast you can go. So, your run maybe slower than someone else's jog, but it's a run for you. Good luck :)! Can't wait to see progress!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome. I'm a 30 something mom. Ran for the first time since elementary school 6 months ago and trying to keep it up! FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Me too! Although I have dabbled here and there. I really want to be able to run a 5k!

posted about 2 years ago