Forums/

Beginner Running

Need friends :)

posted about 2 years ago | Report

I'm pretty new to Daily Mile and i'm just beginning Couch to 5k with aims to work up to 10k! Need friends for motivation and hopefully other beginner runners. :)

30 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hey Kate,

Stick with it, running is a source :) and, planning a trip for a race as a goal is a great way to sty motivated too..

I'm a long term runner, but recently trying to work through an ACL injury. I've dropped down to a 5k plan too, to start building my k's back up.

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Kate, welcome to DM.

Not really a beginner anymore but always happy to provide motiviation!

The run in NY sounds great.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome! Friend request sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! You'll find a ton of encouragement and useful info around here. FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome! I've 'met' a couple great people on here from Perth, so I'm sending a FR without a second thought :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM Kate. This is a great community!

I got into running a few years ago with C25K. It's a great program, just stick with it and trust the schedule. Sign up for a 5K race around the time you finish the program to seal the deal :) You'll be hooked and become a life-long runner.

posted about 2 years ago

• FR sent! :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Just finished C25K a month or so ago, so I'm on to the next step. Good luck with your goals!

FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Just joined as well so sending an invite.

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm hoping to work my way up to 10k too! Good luck :( Are you doing any marathons?

posted about 2 years ago

• Hello FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! I did the C25K program a year ago and I am running my first 10K next weekend! Running is addicting!

posted about 2 years ago

• FR Sent. Welcome aboard!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome Kate. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• You're free to add me as a friend, I am a fresh jogger/runner, and I would love to have some motivation as well!

posted about 2 years ago

• Never, ever, ever thought I could do a 5K race. I just graduated C25K Saturday with a 31:40 5K. I am 42 and BMI like 32-34. If I can do it, ANYONE can. Best advice I received was get good advice on shoes. I spent in the $100 range and will spend it again when the time comes.

Jogged 2.5 miles today just to loosen up! I can't believe it.

Dr.Phil

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to running!! I always tell myself, even if all I want to do after work is sit and relax, I always feel better after I run. No matter how good or bad my day is, after a run, it's always a little better and I'm a little happier!! You can do this!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR Sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use the motivation :)

posted about 2 years ago

• I need some motivation too!! Fill free to add me as a friend!!! :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Kate,
    Starting to look into entering a 5k soon as well. I've only been running since March this year so we're about even (I only get out once or twice a week due to having kiddies at home so my progress is slow!).
    FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! FR coming. Couch to 5k is a great way to get into running!

posted about 2 years ago

• I am in week 3! How are you doing?

posted about 2 years ago

• oops....

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Don M. said:Welcome to DM Kate. This is a great community! I got into running a few years ago with C25K. It's a great program, just stick with it and trust the schedule. Sign up for a 5K race around the time you finish the program to seal the deal :)... read more

really??? wow... I'm on week 3 and worried that I won't be able to do this! /:

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Daleri said:Welcome to DM! I did the C25K program a year ago and I am running my first 10K next weekend! Running is addicting!

WOW!!!!

I hope I can get there!

posted about 2 years ago

• You can do this. Try Galloway method.

posted about 2 years ago

• I am new too and totally get where you're coming from. Very best of luck with your beginner running. You go girl! Friend request sent too (-;

posted about 2 years ago

• new too! FR sent! need some encouragment for my first half marathon! good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

• Sending a friend request. I'm new as well and need that motivation.

posted about 2 years ago

• Just got back into running after a 20 year lapse. Traing for my first marathon in September. I wanted to do it before I turn 40 later this year. Good luck!!

posted about 2 years ago