Forums/

Beginner Running

Another newbie in search of friends / motivation

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Hello all!

I signed up with some people in the neighborhood to do a 5k in May. We are doing the C25K training program. I am looking for motivation to stick with the program and to stick with my fitness and weight loss goals.

Please feel free to send friend requests! I'm very interested in your training as well! :)

19 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Welcome to DM! Request sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent :-) Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use the motivation!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi mimi! sending a friend request

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Mimi! Welcome! FR sent :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Mimi, Welcome! I'm new too! I'm doing something similar to the C25K, prescribed interval training after ankle surgery a few months ag.

FR sent! Looking forward to motivating each other!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi: I am new too. I just ran my first 5K last month. It was awesome! I am training for my first 10K in June:)

posted over 2 years ago

• Mimi hello welcome FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the friend requests and motivation! I look forward to reading about your workouts! :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Mimi! I am new here also. I started with C25K in Nov 2010 and now I am running half marathons. You can do it, good luck! FR sent! I can always use more running friends, anyone else feel free to friend me:)

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome, I'm new to DM also...and can use all the motivation I can get. FR sent...good luck to you!

posted over 2 years ago

• You will find motivation here. Good luck.

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM Mimi! You came to the right place for running support and motivation!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Mimi!!
    I'm doing a 5k in June! My first. Even though I've been running for about a year, most times I feel like I just got started! Every time I hit the trail feels like I'm starting all over again. I think it's because I haven't pushed myself to do more. So I signed up for the 5k in June, and I found a 5k training schedule online and I'm sticking to it. Right now I can run for 2 miles - at what would be a jogger's pace for a faster runner :) - and it takes me 30 minutes to do it. I'm hoping this training schedule will keep me on track for increases. I really want to run the whole 5k without stopping.

Good luck! Sending a friend request!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Mimi! Welcome! FR request.

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome! Fr sent. I love your profile pic!

posted over 2 years ago

• Good luck with the C25K, doing it now myself. Having a hard time doing the cross fit stuff between runs- lots of excuses and I need lots of motivation, too because the pain is not fun right now during the gain- lol FR from FL sent. Keep it up!

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm doing the C25K too, I'm on week 2 and a Newbie, and also looking for more friends! Request sent. :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Mimi! Welcome to DM, FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! I'm a newbie too and have found lots of motivation and advice here. Training for my first half marathon in may.

FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago