Forums/

Anything Goes

pedometers

posted over 2 years ago | Report

anyone have advice on pedometers that work - I have an omron - walking style but it misses between 15-20% of my steps - It is better in a pocket than on my waist band - I am wearing it while walking around the neighborhood - (counted off 100 steos then looked at the pedometer. It also for a 2.5 milw walk only measured 1.9 - but I figured part of the problem was not having the right stride length

• I've got an Omron HJ-720ITC that I love. I check it with 100 steps every once in a while and it's generally pretty accurate -- definitely not the 15%+ that you're seeing. I figure it picks up some extras too, so it works out pretty close overall. Can't help with the distance measurement, as I don't pay any attention to that. I know my stride length varies quite a bit, so there's no way it could be very accurate. Overall, though, I love it, and for the past 3.5 years I've never gone anywhere without it -- it's great for reminding me to get up and move throughout the day. I log my steps on a different site, WalkerTracker.

posted over 2 years ago

• thanks - I may have to check that one out --

posted about 2 years ago