Forums/

Anything Goes

Garmin 610 for $259 @REI

posted over 5 years ago | Report

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up. REI has the 610 (w/out HRM) for $259.99 now until I believe the 28th. That's a crazy good deal so I felt like I needed to let everyone know, haha.

Just picked one up to replace my 210.

• i love my 610, and i'm sure my wife paid WAY more than that...:/

posted over 5 years ago

• love mine too... great watch to run with

posted over 5 years ago

• Sweet deal. I'm curious if anyone has had problems with their 610. I'm thinking about buying it, but have read there are issues with it. The strap pin falling out, freezing, not being able to charge...

posted over 4 years ago

• Just wanted to make sure you knew this thread was a year old. I have a 610 and a couple weeks ago experienced the issue with the strap pin for the first time. I read about the issues, contacted Garmin to find out what my options were, and had a new strap with new pins at my door the next day. No problems since, and no other problems at all.

posted over 4 years ago

• in reply to what Michael said:Just wanted to make sure you knew this thread was a year old. I have a 610 and a couple weeks ago experienced the issue with the strap pin for the first time. I read about the issues, contacted Garmin to find out what my options were, and had a ... read more

Yeah, I know the post is old. I figured I would try to get responses from people who have had the watch for a while.

Thanks for the reply. It sound like the pin is a real issue. I'm curious how long you've had the watch and if you would buy/recommend that model today.

Thanks

posted over 4 years ago

• in reply to what Jeff said:Yeah, I know the post is old. I figured I would try to get responses from people who have had the watch for a while. Thanks for the reply. It sound like the pin is a real issue. I'm curious how long you've had the watch and if you... read more

I had the watch a bit over a year before the pin issue arose. One day the lower band just popped off and it wasn't very reliable after that. I would recommend the model as except for that issue, it's been great. Not 100% certain I'd buy it today though as I'd probably lean more towards the 310 with its larger display.

posted over 4 years ago