Forums/

Anything Goes

Friends!?

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Training for my first 10k!! Super excited and I could really use the support and encouragement of others on here who have been through it or anyone who is willing to share some much needed advice!! Pleaseee and Thank You!

19 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi, Im also training for my first 10k race :) Some one on this web site shared the advice that, "it dose not matter how long it takes you to finish the race, just finish it and be proud of that" So that's is what Im gonna do. Most people cant or chose not to even run a mile so If we can just finish the race that by itself is a accomplishment!!!! GO US!! when is your race? My race is next Saturday... Sorry I did not have more advice and HAPPY RUNNING!!

your running friend,
    ~Nick~

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Nickie! Thanks girl! I actually have been trying to find a race...I am in the beginning stages of my training though...I keep wondering how long it will take for me to run the race, but I gotta keep remembering that It isn't that important and to just focus on finishing! :) Good luck on your race, make sure to let me know how it goes for you! :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Will do Cortnie! will this be your first race ever?

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Cortnie! I will send you a friend request. Nickie has good advice. I posted on an earlier thread some advice for race day - unless you are super fast, you should start near the back so you can experience the high of passing a few people. Even if you think you are super slow, there will always be some people you will pass and this will motivate you. If you start too far up front, you will get passed by a lot of people and it will be demoralizing. Follow your gut, don't start out too fast, find your pace and own it. Finishing is a huge accomplishment and once you get one finish under your belt, you will be able to work on improving. Congrats on your committment to the 10K! Good luck in your training!

posted over 2 years ago

• I am training for my first 10k too! It is in a week and a half, aaahhhhh! Good luck with your traing, you can totally do it, you just have to keep at it. I found it is much ever to train when you have a race in mind, makes the goal more definite!

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks Kelly! That is good to think about....I can see how watching everyone pass me by would be kinda demoralizing! I am really big on keeping my own pace...I like to always say, "My race, my pace" It keeps me going! (:

posted over 2 years ago

• That's awesome Hallie! Thank you! Good luck on ur race as well! Your right, it is much more easier to train with that race in mind!

posted over 2 years ago

• I am working on my 3rd 10K and its my favorite distance. Keep moving, don't stop.

posted over 2 years ago

• Support? Encouragement? Good luck finding that here!

JK. Good luck with the training. FR on the way!

posted over 2 years ago

• Wow, that's inspiring! (:

posted over 2 years ago

• Haha! Thanks Adam!

posted over 2 years ago

• Good luck, you will do great...sending a friend request =)

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks Jennifer! (:

posted over 2 years ago

• Just remember when your sitting on the line with everybody and they start the race try not to think of all the people, just think how good you feel and that your doing the coolest thing that weekend.

posted over 2 years ago

• Good advice, I'll remember that! Thanks! :)

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm doing my first 10K. April 28th. I been running for over 12 weeks. My motivation is losing weight feeling better. I have been lifting free weight in between running. Changed my diet by cutting all junk food and sugar stuff. Also eating more fruit mixed nuts in place. I tell myself you can do it. I went to doctor yesterday and lost 13pounds in 6 weeks. I know this good for me. Anyone can do this. Will power, and determination. Good luck you can do it!

posted over 2 years ago

• Wow David that is amazing! That's great that you decided to do this and better your health! My motivation is weight loss as well and seeing the results pay off is such a huge reward! Keep it up!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Cortnie, I'm training for a HM in June and could sure use some encouragement too! You'll certainly find lots of advice around here. The best thing about runners is that they are all so willing to share their tips and advice! All the best for your 10K, I hope its ok if I send you a friend request :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well. I can always use the motivation :)

posted over 2 years ago