Forums/

Anything Goes

GPS Watch Suggestions??

posted over 2 years ago | Report

I'm planning on getting a GPS watch next weekend (payday :-). I've never even tried one on... do you have any suggestions?? The only one I've heard much about is the Garmin GPS watch. I'd like to stick w/in the $200 range (or less), but CAN go more if it's necessary/worth it.

• I just recently bought a Garmin 110 (Amazon.com) for $155. I had to play around with it some to get used to it (like any gadget) but it's pretty straightforward. It shows time, pace, distance and will save your run info. It doesn't bother me to wear it, either.

posted over 2 years ago

• I have the Garmin Forerunner 405 and LOVE it. Hubs got a crazy Black Friday deal on it from Amazon.

posted over 2 years ago

• I definitely will give you another vote for the Garmin Forerunner 405 CX. It's great and although it's not really small and dainty, it isn't really huge and bulky. I'd say it's in the middle as far as size goes, but it's not a burden to wear while running...definitely trust me on that because I'm the kind that absolutely hates any extra things hanging off of me like iPods, headphones, etc...I find all of that stuff very distracting. As far as ease of use, it is pretty simple...only took me a short time to figure it out. I got mine on Amazon as well! Definitely look for them on there because I got it for around $100 cheaper than what it normally retails for. I believe that at full price, it is about $275 or $285 and I got it for $175 or $185, somewhere in that range. It wasn't even Black Friday, either!

posted over 2 years ago

• I have the 405cx and have loved it so far! Got mine off Amazon, looks like they are 180 right now there with the heart rate monitor included.

posted over 2 years ago

• I have a new Garmin 210 and new Timex RunTrainer GPS for sale. If anyone is interested .... msg me privately. I was going to put them on eBay, but I'd much rather help out a fellow DMer.

To answer your question...almost all of them are worth it. The 210 is the best bet for "easy" Garmins and retails for around $199. The one with all the bells and whistles is the 610 (I have this one) and retails for $349. If you need multi-sport than the 910XT is the way to go. If you want to save some money then you can find used ones on eBay, but look to see what you're getting. The 305 is their old reliable model, but is now out of production and prices keep creeping up while supply shrinks. The 405/410 line is often on sale now, but lots of people hate the bezel interface. You can also save a lot by dropping the GPS and going for the footpod-driven FR60/70 models for under $100. I've had all of these and don't hesitate to contact me if anyone has any questions.

posted over 2 years ago

• Go with Garmin. either Amazon or Factoryoutlet.com

posted over 2 years ago

• just in case you haunt purchased yet, i'm a nike fan & i have the nike+ sport watch. i love it and it sync's with daily mile very well! sugg retail $199. but saw it on sale this weekend for $169

posted over 2 years ago