Forums/

Anything Goes

College Students! How do you stay in shape?

posted almost 3 years ago | Report

I'm in my 3rd year of school and I'm finally starting up a weekly routine.

I'm curious to see how my fellow DM college students have been managing staying in shape..(and not being a member of an athletic team) What has been difficult? What kind of workouts/routines do you do to stay in shape?

• I am an active member of my local running club :) The club encompasses all runners levels and is very flexible about group runs. I also cross train. I tend to work out in the evenings after class/work and I eat as healthy as possible.

posted almost 3 years ago

• just stay active, run, bike, eliptical. Joining a running club can be awesome. Nothing motivates us more then our peers

• I've been going to my university's gym with 2 classmates twice during the week and then once on the weekend just by myself or with another friend. It's been so much easier to maintain and much more fun going with others:)

• As an older college student, I squeeze in at least two workouts a week between classes. Then utilize the weekends for longer runs.

• I get up a little earlier before classes and do my run then. It helps me wake up and by the time I get done showering and arrive at school, it's like I don't even notice having woken up early and my run is already done for the day.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Aisling R. said:I am an active member of my local running club :) The club encompasses all runners levels and is very flexible about group runs. I also cross train. I tend to work out in the evenings after class/work and I eat as healthy as possible.

Good for you! Sounds like you are doing real well for yourself keep it up.

posted over 2 years ago

• I started running a few years ago to lose the 20 pds I gained from school. I schedule my classes in the afternoon so I have time in the morning to get a run/weight workout in around 8-9am. Afterwards, time to study, go to class, then study in the evening.

posted over 2 years ago