Forums/

Anything Goes

Christian Running Music?

posted over 3 years ago | Report

I need some new music for my ipod. I just found "Funky Jesus Music "by Toby Mac, it's got an awesome beat. I was thinking it would be a great thread to see what music my Christian DM friends can recommend. It needs to be upbeat and positive. We are surrounded by so much negativity out there and I don't like all the swearing in most of the music that has great beats.
I currently have "Shackles(Praise You)" by Mary Mary
Mercy Me "Gotta Move", Brandon Heath "Give Me your Eyes", and "I'm not who I was"
I need lots more. :)
So give me some inspiration DM'rs.

33 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Pretty much any Toby Mac would be good because of the beats. But something like Strong Tower by Kutless, Songs by Stellar Kart, or Newsboys seem to be good :)

posted over 3 years ago

• I agree with Brett, anything by Toby Mac is good. I also like Group1Crew, KJ-52, Thousand Foot Krutch, Pillar, and Switchfoot. One particular song I like run to is Song of Hope (Heaven Come Down) by Robbie Seay Band, very uplifting.

posted over 3 years ago

• All said are great. You can add Skillet for something a little harder and Building 429 has some good tunes. Third Day as well.

posted over 3 years ago

• Just ran to Hawk Nelson this morning. If you like TobyMac, give Keys to the Kingdom a try by Group 1 Crew (mentioned by Becky Above). I wanted to add Skillet (because it's a little harder) to this list, but Sandy above covered that. If you want to go a little more rap (give it a listen before you knock it) try Background by Lacrae or The Invasion by Trip Lee.

posted over 3 years ago

• I like both Fireflight and Flyleaf. For praise and worship I like Deluge.

posted over 3 years ago

• Check jog.fm on internet

posted over 3 years ago

• Heaven by Mary Mary
    The Stand by Hilsong United
    All Around Me by Flyleaf
    My soul longs for you by Misty Edwards
    He Reigns by Kirk Franklin
    Hosanna by Kirk Franklin
    High by Lecrae
    Unbreakable by Fireflight

Hope this helps!

posted over 3 years ago

• Dave Crowder band You make everything Glorious (on shuffle/random almost always hits nears hills or finish- nice!), Third Day (call my name, revelation, many more), Building 429, Kutless, ... really hard core RED, Disciple,

posted over 3 years ago

• I love the new "Hello" by Shonlock. When I have more time, I'll take a look at my list see what else I really like.

posted over 3 years ago

• I saw Lecrae mentioned...check him out on youtube. REALLY awesome music--super good beats for running, combined with extremely scriptural truths. Also, Trip Lee has some amazing stuff--also very good lyrics. :)

posted about 3 years ago

• "Until My Heart Caves In" by Audio Adrenaline.

I love this song to run too. A lot of their other songs are great for running too.

posted about 3 years ago

• Project 86 is good hard Christian music to listen too.

posted about 3 years ago

• Thank you everyone. I have loved sampling all your choices. I have found some groups i like and had never heard before. Some of the music is a little too rock for me, but I will pass those on to my older son, he will like those.
    This is yet another reason I love dailymile. Where else could I have found suggestions for Christian music for running? You sure can't do THAT with Facebook.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Keep 'em coming.

posted about 3 years ago

• "Good Mornin" - Mandisa and Toby Mac
    "This is the Stuff" - Francesca Battistelli
    "Stronger" - Mandisa
    "I Refuse" - Josh Wilson
    "Way Beyond Myself" - Newsboys
    "Victory" - Yolanda Adams

posted about 3 years ago

• I second Skillet, I have a lot of their music on my play list =)

posted about 3 years ago

• Bob
    Bob Sendmail

1. Fade to Grey - Jars of Clay
    2. Love is the Protest - Jars of Clay
    3. So Long Self - Mercy Me

posted about 3 years ago

• I love the soundtrack for the movie Leap of Faith. Gospel has a great beat, imvho.

posted about 3 years ago

• Here's my list
    I tend to like pretty hard stuff. Although I start out with a little bit softer song for a warmup-

Thousand Things-Disciple
    Run-Day of Fire
    The Slam-Toby Mac
    Rockfist-Thousand Foot Krutch
    I Am The Door-Day of Fire
    321-Disciple
    Rise Up-Disciple
    I'll Breathe For You- Decyfer Down
    Breathe Into Me-Red
    Detainer-Day of Fire
    The Slam-Toby Mac

posted over 2 years ago

• One More - Superchick

If you can time it right, it's the best for the final push across the finish line of a race.

posted over 2 years ago

• Definitely Third Day and really any of the top Christian bands all have great music. Matt Maher-"Turn Around", NeedtoBreathe-"Slumber", Salvador, Superchick and Todd Agnew are a few.

posted over 2 years ago

• hey i often write about my music lists especially for marathons on my blog: vote for me! http://running.gotop100.com/in.php?ref=273 have a great one!
    I love christomlin too

posted over 2 years ago

• City on Our Knees and Tonight by TobyMac.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Robin,

Nice to see this post on here! When I am having one of those rough days and I need to run and need that spiritual motivation, I plug in some Clark Sisters "You Brought the Sunshine!" It's an old jam and you may have heard it before! It is sort of up tempo but once you get into the words, you'll forget you are running. Well at least that's what it does for me.

I also like some of the other suggestions on here too that I will plug into my mp3.

posted over 2 years ago

• Like Toby Mac. Depending on pace, also like some older artist like Andrea Crouch, Russ Taft, etc.

posted over 2 years ago

• Happy Day by Tim Hughes.

I <3 running to this song, it really gives my run a lot of pep and me a lot of joy every time I hear it.

So glad you asked it, I'm looking for Christian music for my Sunday LSD (long slow distance) runs.

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• My fav's are Lincoln Brewster, RED, Jeremy Camp, Building 429, Todd Agnew, Kutless, Seventh Day Slumber, and many more...

posted over 2 years ago

• My top songs on my iPod are Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir songs. But I also like Pete Stewart, Plankeye, Steve Taylor, Chagall Guevara, Skillet, and Theocracy (if I want to run really fast)

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks everyone for all the great song suggestions! I'm making a playlist for a my half this weekend and found some great stuff on this list!

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Amber H. said:Thanks everyone for all the great song suggestions! I'm making a playlist for a my half this weekend and found some great stuff on this list!

Thank you for your response as well.I began this almost a year ago, and look at how many wonderful messages I got back.

posted over 2 years ago

• Wow. I got some good stuff on this list that I hadn't heard before. Thank you! Here are some suggestions:

--Ricky Hilton: Open the Heavens, King of Glory, Shout (my worship leader... awesome album)
    --Shawn McDonald: Closer, Free, Gravity, Captivated
    --Ten Shekel Shirt: Ocean
    --Britt Nicole: Headphones, The Lost Get Found, All This Time, Walk on Water
    --Chris Tomlin: Sing, Sing, Sing
    --Group 1 Crew: pretty much anything, especially from their Outta Space Love album
    --Jennifer Knapp: You Answer Me
    --Matt Maher: Alive Again

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• Nice, just thinking today what would be some good running music. Checkout my today's playlist for my 1 hour run :-)

posted over 2 years ago

• Lots of great suggestions ... about all I can add is some Newsboys!

posted over 2 years ago