Answers/

Anything Goes

Has anyone had sore toe/toenail from running on treadmill in Vibram Fivefingers?

asked about 4 years ago | Report

during the past month or so I've done some running on the treadmill in my vibram kso's. My middle toe on my right foot has become very painful. I'm wondering if it may be from the different impact on my toes from the track of the treadmill as I didn't have this problem running outside where the ground is not moving beneath me. Has anyone experienced this? Also, do you think the bikila's would help this as the toes are at more of an upward angle? Thanks.....

I wonder if it isn't some sort of turf toe type thing going on?

2 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Walking is probably less of a problem because you're moving slower, with shorter strides, at less impact.

I'll throw out some suggestions to look for with your KSO's.
    -Are your toes straight and positioned normally when you put your KSO's on, as they would normally be positioned if you were completely barefoot? I notice I have to wiggle my toes a little to straighten them out, particularly with my long second and baby toes.

-Do your toenails need clipping? This could cause blisters, discomfort, and enough of an adjustment to your toe posture that you'll notice a problem.

-Did you size your KSO's properly? Is the length too short?

answered about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • when your toe turns black, and your toenail falls off...
    then you can call yourself a runner.

or- is that after it happens to 4 toes? I always forget what the rule is on this.

answered about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in General - Anything Goes