Answers/

Anything Goes

I am a 44 year old woman. I began running 3 years ago. Last Tuesday I ran 4 1/2 miles and felt great. Wednesday

asked over 5 years ago | Report

I began having pain under my right rib. It was almost like a stitch because it hurt to take a deep breath. It got bad that night and it was hard to sleep. Thursday was bearable and I decided to go for a run that afternoon. I had only run 1/2 miles before the pain came back and was so bad I had to stop. I barely made it back to the car. That night was horrible. Friday I felt better and by Saturday night I was back to normal. Sunday I ran 6 miles. Later that night It hurt to move and again I felt every deep breath. I had to take a pain pill to get to sleep. Today (Monday) I could manage the pain at work but by this evening again I am in sever pain. I cannot get to sleep. I have taken the pain meds again but they are not working. Has anyone ever had this before? Ideas?

4 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Go see your doctor to rule out anything other than muscle pain.
    ;+)

answered over 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree with Rina!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Jan
    Jan Sendmail

Pain bad enough to keep you from resting/sleeping that happens repeatedly doesn't sound normal. I agree with Rina & Bob... call the doc for an appointment to rule out an injury that could be made worse by more running or other vigorous activity.

Out of curiosity, do you move up & down a lot when you run (i.e. is your gait "bouncy") or were you running downhill a lot?

Best of luck!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Could be a number of things but best advice...seek medical attention/ advice!

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in General - Anything Goes