The weather was against us for this race. First the swim was canceled and the race started about an hour late as a duathlon. Few made it through the entire event- heavy storms started when I was about a mile from finishing the bike leg and when I returned to transition, they told us the race had been called off.
I think that I would have been more disappointed if we had not started at all, but in hindsight, the whole event probably should have been canceled.
Too bad the race wasn't scheduled for Saturday, which was absolutely beautiful weather.
I woke up Sunday am @ 3am,4am, 5am to thunder and lightning, when I saw the radar and flash flood advisory for 4 counties, I decided not to attend. I went to LA Fitness instead and did the 1/2 mile swim, 15.5 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. My mother is a breast cancer survivor so I hope that the money raised will someday find a cure.