When Kelly and I started dailymile at his parents’ house in Wisconsin, we weren’t more than a couple guys having fun coding until the sun came up. When we reached the end of our coding marathon we found ourselves at an unexpected point. A starting line.
Three years and 7,069,120 workouts later, my first (running) marathon among them, dailymile has come of age. Boasting a community hailing from 192 countries, you, the dailymile community of athletes, have come together in a way we never could have imagined. With your comments and your support, you’ve inspired complete strangers to exceed their own expectations and surpass their own dreams. In doing so, you have helped Kelly and I realize a dream that started with two members and has grown to an active and vibrant community a quarter-million strong.
As the website has grown, the demand for services has grown with it. We made the decision to work for you, not for advertisers. That’s why after a lot of planning we’re excited to introduce PRO, a set of extra features for people who want to go a little further with their dailymile experience.
Here’s what you get for $49.95 a year:
- Status Badge Show your support for the dailymile community with your exclusive PRO badge.
- Motivations Extra motivations that you can send to friends.
- Customization Pick the color of your mileage bar.
- PRs Using our unique PR detection system we’re able to determine which of your workouts contain personal records.
- Favorite Friends Make a list of your favorite friends to keep up with the workouts of your core friends.
- Weekly Stats Your weekly newsletter will include more stats including change from previous week, activity mileage breakdown, PR summary.
We have big goals for dailymile and we need your help to take it to the next level. In the next few months we’ll be looking for our first hire. We’ll use the revenue from PRO to improve dailymile for everyone: we have great new features to develop, bugs to fix, and a community to nurture. We’ve got some great updates coming soon to our workout tracking and groups. But, in the mean time, we offer you this promise.
dailymile will always be free.
Whether you go PRO to support the development of dailymile, for the extra features, or decide it isn’t for you, we can’t thank you enough for making dailymile the best community for active people. We feel incredibly lucky to have the best job in the world.
Ben and Kelly