What are you doing right now? I know, you’re reading my dailymile blog post. What are you going to do after you’re done? Head back to dailymile, right? If you’re not going to post your own workout, I’ve got a few suggestions for what you can do while you’re there.
- Spend a few minutes scrolling through your newsfeed, trolling for unloved workouts. When you find one without a single comment, leave one. Do it again and again. Cover every lonely post you can in the amount of time you have. Don’t let someone’s 20-miler go unnoticed!
- Check out one of your recent posts. Click on over to the profile of every DMer who commented on it. Find something you can praise on their home page and send them some motivational love. Wear out your mouse clicking back and forth.
- Has someone helped you solve a long-time problem with a sound piece of advice recently? Has a friend said the just right thing and the just right time to get you off the couch and back on the road? Hunt these friends down, click on “Message” and send a private “thank you” to their inbox.
- Visit your friends list every once in awhile. Go to the bottom of the first page and, if you have more than one page, find the highest number. Click on it. There at the end of your friends list are DMers who haven’t posted in awhile. Give them a nudge. Tell them you miss their training. Your words may bring them back to life athletically.
- If a particular friend on dailymile has done something extraordinarily special for you, tell the story of their contribution to your life and tag them in it. If you can, tell it on camera and make them cry. They’ll be pleased that you noticed and the rest of your friends will have a chance to befriend an awesome encourager.
- Find someone who’s done something you find amazing and post your note about their accomplishments. Add a tag or link so others can hit their profile and join the celebration.
You’re done reading now, so what are you waiting for? Pick something from the list and do it now before the urgency passes! Do your part today to spread a little dailymile love!